Learn Any Skill Faster and Better
How to Learn to Code, Play the Piano, Lift Weights, Speak French, Draw, Or Anything Else
What if you could make a list of the skills that you want to learn--to get a promotion at work, change careers, improve your health, or just have more fun and live life more fully--and then proceed to learn those skills (faster and more efficiently than you ever thought you could)?
I'M GOING TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU:
You just need to learn how to learn.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You're Not Happy With Your Current Job. Maybe you've outgrown your job, you feel like it's time for a career change, or you want more responsibilities (and the money that should come with those increased responsibilities). But to move up the corporate ladder, try a new career, or even strike out on your own, you need skills that you don't have.
- There's A Skill You Regret Not Having Acquired. We all have skills we wish we had learned as a kid: learning a second language; playing a musical instrument; picking up a sport that would allow us to stay active; and the list goes on and on. Maybe you feel that it's too late to learn these skills.
- You Long to Do Something Creative. Have you ever wanted to be able to create something beautiful with your hands, but you stopped yourself from trying because you're not "the artistic type"?
- You Find It Hard to Keep Abreast of Changes In Your Field. Because technology and society are changing and evolving at such rapid speed, the new shelf life of skills is about five years. Like most people, it may be hard for you to keep up with the pace of change.
- There's Lots of Skills You're Curious About. Remember all the stuff you were curious about as a kid? I remember eight-year-old me watching adults doing all sorts of things and thinking: "Ooh, I want to learn how to do that!"
- You Want to Become a Master at Your Chosen Skill. Maybe you want to make a name for yourself, or you simply want to feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with knowing that you haven't just learned a skill, you've mastered it.
Imagine A World Where You Could:
You Can, Simply by Learning How to Learn..
Learn Any Skill Faster and Better is my course in which I'll teach you how to learn. It will guide you through a
system for learning almost anything, faster and more effectively. It's the system that I used to learn all of the following:
- Coding (in Python)
Learning skills well is dependent on four different areas:
In my course, “Learn Any Skill Faster and Better”, I’ve taken these
four areas and I’ve woven them together into a system, or framework,
that you can apply to any skill you want to learn. In the course, I’m
going to share this framework with you.
Learn A New Skill As You Take the Course
As you go through the course you won’t just be acquiring information. You’ll be using what you learn right away to learn a new skill. The process will be as follows:
- At the start of the course you’ll be choosing a skill.
- Then—as you go through the course and learn the framework—you’ll be applying what you learn to your chosen skill.
- By the end of this course you'll have taken your chosen skill to the level of basic proficiency.
Then, just go through the course again each time you want to learn a new skill. You’ll have a framework you’ll be able to apply over and over
again to learn any skill of your choice.
Let's Take a Look At What You'll Learn In Each Of the Ten Modules:
Learn Any Skill Faster and Better is comprised of ten modules,
spanning two phases. The first is the Planning Stage–which is covered in
the first five modules of the course. The second is the Execution
Stage, which is covered in the last five modules.
The course comes with these three bonuses (which you’ll receive at the end of the course):
1. Laser-Like Focus and Concentration Mini-Course: Being able to focus is the new high IQ. After all, there’s a world of difference between spending an hour working in an unfocused state, and spending an hour with your concentration fully focused on what you’re doing. In this mini-course you’ll learn how to do the latter, so you can get more done in less time.
2. Read Better and Faster Mini-Ebook: I’m going to share something with you: speed-reading is a hoax. First, there’s a limit on how fast your eyes can move along a page. But, more importantly, your short-term memory–which is your information entryway, if you will– is limited and there’s only so much it can comprehend at one time. However, although there’s nothing you can do to read thousands of words per minute, there are strategies you can apply to read better and faster. I’ll be sharing those with you in this mini-ebook.
3. How to Learn from Video Courses Mini-Workshop:
This is a great time to be alive. Why? In one word: MOOCs (Massive Open
Online Courses). The best universities in the world are putting some of
their most sought-after courses online, for free. Anyone can take
advantage of them! But in order to take full advantage of these courses,
you have to know how to learn from video courses. That’s what you’ll be
discovering in this mini-workshop.
Plus, There's a Private Facebook Community
As soon as you enroll in the course you'll be able to participate in a Private Student Facebook Community. This private group is a great place for you to share your progress, ask questions, and connect with others learning new skills. Marelisa--the course creator--will frequent the group to make sure your questions get answered.
Hi! I'm Marelisa, the creator of this course.
I’m a recovering lawyer — I hold a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., as well as a Juris Doctor from the Georgetown University Law Center.
I consider myself to be a modern-day Renaissance woman, meaning I have a broad knowledge base, I'm skilled in different fields, and I love learning new things. I’m an entrepreneur, a writer and blogger, a runner, a meditator, an art and culture lover, a world traveler, an avid reader, a weightlifter, multilingual, an autodidact, and a learning expert.
How did I become a learning expert? I designed a method for becoming an expert, and then I followed the method to gain expertise in rapid learning. As I explain in my post on the benefits of learning how to learn, here’s the process that I followed:
I took MOOCs on the best way to learn; I read all the books I could find on the most effective ways to study and acquire skills; and I read blogs by experts on the topic. And, of course, I applied everything I learned.
This allowed me to create a learning system. I then tried out my system by learning weightlifting. The next step was to tweak and perfect the system by learning to code. Finally, I fine-tuned the system by learning French, piano, and drawing. I turned my learning system into a course, and now I'm ready to share the course with the world,.
StartIntroduction to Module Two (1:33)
StartSection 1. Overview of How to Design a Learning Method (16:04)
StartSection 2. Identify the Fundamentals of Your Skill (7:58)
StartSection 3. Deconstructing Your Skill (5:57)
StartSection 4. Identifying the Best Learning Method for Your Chosen Skill (22:16)
StartSection 5. Additional Learning Considerations (12:53)
Frequently Asked Questions
P.S. What would you do if you could learn any skill faster and more efficiently? Learn that language? Acquire the skills necessary to qualify for a promotion at work? Start a side business?
P.S.S. Deciding to learn how to learn could be one of the best decisions that you ever make.